This post is a guide that explains how you can play Broodwar with your friends on LAN using a free VPN software Hamachi.
This guide is for Windows only.
- Go to https://www.vpn.net/ and download the install file by clicking “Download”
- Install hamachi.msi on your computer
- Setup an account and login to “LogMeIn Hamachi”
- Create or join a network
- Install Broodwar (From whatever source..)
- Download ChaosLauncher. This is a launcher that you will use to launch Broodwar. You can find the download link on the right of this page (http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Chaoslauncher)
- Extract ChaosLauncherp.zip into the Starcraft folder
- Download and extract ForceHamachi (http://r-1.ch/forcehamachi-1.1.zip). This is a plugin that ChaosLauncher to use to force Hamachi. Place forecehamachi.bwl file into the ChaosLauncher folder.
- Run the ChaosLauncher as an administrator and run starcraft making sure of the followings:
- In “Plugin” tab, forcehamachi is checked off
- In “Plugin” tab, click update to ensure up-to-date version of ChaosLauncher
- In “Settings” tab, ensure installpath to Starcraft is correct
Using Windows 10 and not able to see a game? Refer to http://wiretuts.com/how-to-get-games-to-work-with-hamachi-on-windows-10/.
The specific sections you want to look into are:
- Hamachi Adapter Tweaks
- Can’t see or connect game server that is hosted on Hamachi network